Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Class Reflection on 22nd August 2011



It was our first class today. In my mind, i was thinking will it be a boring class? Will i be stressed up? What will we be learning? And i was suprised that it was actually a fun class although it made me think alot. I like how Dr Yeap started the class with the counting the position of a letter in the name. After getting it right, i actually felt quite proud of myself as i always could not do Math. During the 4 hours session, we had some fun lessons which i enjoyed alot. The name game, Jun Jun and Lasene game, Poker card game. I even used the Poker card game to trick my husband and he was very amazed! We also learnt some mathematical concepts that we was not really taught during our school days so it was enriching for me. We had learnt the uses of numbers - Ordinal, Rote, Cardinal, Nominal and Measurement. We also learnt the 4 Pre-requitions to counting - Ability to classify before meaningful counting, Ability to do rote counting, One to one correspondence counting and Appreciation of the last number represent the number that they are going to find. I am looking forward to tomorrow's class. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment